Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Stop Bullying Bulletin Board

To show our school what we have been learning about anti bullying, I had my class make our April bulletin board around the theme. I wrote stop bullying on all of their hands and took their pictures. I gave each student 10 petals to glue around a circle to create a flower. Students rotated around the room and wrote compliments about their classmates. They got to trace their compliments with markers, which is one of their favorite things to do (who would have thought markers would get them so excited?!) Once everyone's flowers were filled, I glued their pictures in the center and started hanging them on our bulletin board. I decided to use the quote "Be the change you want to see in the world" as our title. It is a quote written on a building near our school and it has always stuck with me. Kids should live in a world where they aren't scared or upset, but where they feel happy and empowered.






No comments:

Post a Comment