Saturday, March 1, 2014

More Money!

We have been working really hard on counting coins for the past couple of weeks! To help my kiddies remember what each coin is and what it's worth, I keep these paper plates on my board. I have a picture of each coin, the name, and sticker dots that show the value of the coin.






My kiddies have been counting coins on the board, writing on white boards, and even writing on their tables with dry erase markers (this is one of their favorite things to do!)





We also played a game on teams. I gave each team a bag of coins, a white board, and a dry erase marker. I said a value and teams had to work together to put coins that added up to that value on their white board. They had a blast working together and using their coins.



We are now on counting quarters! On Thursday, it was time for our March bulletin board and since we have been working on money, I decided to combine money and ice cream, because who doesn't love both things?! I gave them 3 ice cream scoops, a cone cut out of construction paper, and coins. They colored and cut out their ice cream scoops. Then they had to cut out a combination of coins and glue the coins on their ice cream scoops. Finally, they counted their coins and wrote the total value on their ice cream cone. They turned out great!











No comments:

Post a Comment